The Structural Engineers Association of Rhode Island (SEARI) was formed to
pursue the common interests of individuals who practice structural engineering.
As stated in the By-laws, specific interests include:
- To advance the technical practice of structural engineers through meetings,
seminars, and educational programs.
- To improve the professional, business and administrative practice of
structural engineering firms.
- To advance proper legislation affecting structural engineering practice.
- To establish a network among the members of the Association to
communicate information of common interests to structural engineers.
- To cultivate social contacts within its membership, and by closer
association and a better mutual understanding, discourage unethical and
detrimental practice, and inspirit a resolve to act collectively to benefit our
- To encourage the pursuit of excellence in our practice, to maintain the
honor and dignity of our profession, and to serve the public.
- To serve as spokesman to the public on matters of structural engineering.